Take a moment to relax. See yourself immersed in a great book or movie while safely nested under a cozy comforter. The light is low as the gentle roar of the fire gently resonates within your beautifully and thoughtfully designed fireplace. The soft tunes of classic carols roll through the air and snowflakes fall gently, emanating a eerie, but equally beautiful glow on the grass. The home smells like childhood – scents derived from pine, cinnamon, and warm apple pie. Here, guests are always welcome because the door is always open. This is the all-American, winter-time dreams which Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole coo about in their timeless Christmas songs. This is more than a hypothetical scenario. It is something you can bring to life in a home of your own.
Having a home you cherish can be within your grasp with some planning and hard work. To create a place you love, a place for family and friends to gather; you need a house that is a home, a place which gives you a tremendous sense of pride. When you own a home, it inherently fills you with a sense of gratification, but leaping homeownership is full of making important decisions. Obviously budget is one of the first and foremost considerations if owning your own home is in your plans, but after you have determined that a home is a financially viable option, you are left with the decision of whether to buy an existing house or build one. Both options have their benefits. Here is a quick breakdown to see where you fall on the home buying spectrum.
Benefits of buying an existing home:
• Convenience – if you are a person who struggles to make decisions or one who just enjoys tackling projects with little effort or difficulty, then buying an existing home may be for you.
• Cost – when you purchase an existing home there are very few variable costs and most of them are negotiated and decided before the actual purchase of the property is legitimized.
• Timeframe – on average it takes seven months to build a new home, so if you are working on a tighter timeline, then you should shy away from new construction projects which have fluctuating schedules.
Benefits of building a home:
• Customization – the ability to create the home of your dreams becomes even more tangible when you can alter floorplans, finishes, and many of the minute details of the construction process.
• Modernized features plus annual savings – according to Dave Ramsey, “new homes are built to meet current building codes, are often more energy efficient, and can incorporate up-to-date technology.” The more energy efficient appliances result in higher year-over-year utility savings.
• Lack of competition for existing homes – the housing market is booming around the country, but most especially here in Atlanta. According to an article in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “In metro Atlanta, the average home listed for sale during the first half of this year was on the market for 52 days, down from 56 days in the first half of last year[…].” Meaning, when you are looking for a home the inventory is low so building may be one of the only ways to a place to live which fits into your search parameters.
If, after careful consideration, you are ready to build the home of your dreams you need more than just a lofty idea and some money in the bank. You also need a piece of land where you can watch your dream manifest. When you are considering all the potential land options you want to keep the following things in mind:
- The results of local environmental tests
- Available utilities in the area
- Zoning, codes, and ordinances pertaining to the lot and your future construction
- A completed land survey of the lot and surrounding area
After purchasing the land and removing all contingencies, you need to move forward clearing, excavating, and grading the property, so it is ready for a foundation. JT Magbe Contracting, LLC. specializes in adding value to your property through these very means. They are the industry leader in development, land management, and restoration services in the north Georgia metro countries. JT Magbe has earned that description after over 20 years of heavy civil construction experience and an unwavering dedication to their clients. You literally need a solid foundation for your home – No pun intended! Experience counts!
When it comes to new home construction, JT Magbe specializes in all forms of site work including grading, utility pipe construction, excavating, retention-detention pond maintenance, forestry mulching, clearing and brush mowing. So they are an essential partner for landowners desiring to build on their lot.
If you want to take the plunge into homeownership and build a house you have always dreamed of, then you need to trust experts who can be a partner throughout the process. JT Magbe has set themselves apart from the competition by demonstrating a tremendous amount of industry-related knowledge, utilizing advanced insights, and fostering meaningful relationships with their clients. Let them help you set a level foundation for a home where you will form cherished memories for the rest of your life.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with JT Magbe, and all opinions expressed are my own.